It may be coming from ‘drinking the water’ that our culture drinks—any of these old beliefs about marriage:
1. Marriage is about a constant state of happiness and my spouse WON’T HURT ME.
2. Love is FREE, and should be EASY .
3. There’s ONE MAGIC (silver bullet) solution for your marriage.
4. It takes TWO to save your marriage.
1. You think a band-aid will fix your marriage.
2. You aren’t 100% committed.
3. You aren’t willing to be the only one working on your marriage for awhile.
4. You aren’t willing to invest time, energy and resources.